[OSGeo-Board] Contributor agreements

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 23 09:10:55 PST 2006

Sorry for the extra email volume folks -- I'm just kicking myself for
flipping out emails at 5AM with only half a brain turned on.

Frank picked up on something I wrote previously, and I just wanted to
re-phrase because it didn't come out the way I intended:

Dave McIlhagga wrote:

> ...  DM Solutions is
> considering whether we should continue contributing to projects that are
> not covered by a CLA -- clearly, it would be very frustrating to make
> this choice on a 'non-technical' issue.

What I intended by this was that we would be much more favourable to
contributing to projects where greater IP protection was assurred -- I
certainly didn't mean to draw a line in the sand.

I guess I was a bit over-anxious to get back involved! The
clarifications that have followed have helped a great deal to ease my
initial concerns.

Dave