[OSGeo-Board] Projects, Committees and Working Groups

Mark Lucas mlucas17 at mac.com
Sun Mar 26 17:06:46 PST 2006

Frank,

Well thought out and well written.  Agree completely.

This structure will allow us to appropriately focus available people
and resources as we pursue our overall goals.  The working groups can
be unfettered by process and bureaucracy to respond in an open source
way to needs and opportunities.  The board will sit at the other end
of the spectrum and focus on top level priorities and formalizing the
infrastructure.

Projects have been pretty successful on their own.  Why muck with
success, we will need to create an environment that shows the
benefits of consolidating resources and applying standard practices
for the benefit of all concerned.

Commitees should be focused, limited, and meaningful.

Mark