Committee Announcements, RSS, and Meeting calendar

Daniel Brookshier turbogeek at cluck.com
Fri Mar 31 08:00:04 PST 2006

Greeting Board,

I have created a new page that is in the left Nav to link to a page
that lists board and committee links and the top announcement from
your announcement tool. Here is the link:

https://news.osgeo.org/committee-news/announce.html

I have also created a tutorial that describes how to embed a feed and
a few other tidbits:
https://webcommittee.osgeo.org/tutorials/rss_feeds.html

Use your feeds to make announcements and/or status announcements.
This will make it easier to track a committee's actions.

Now that I have said all that, Jo has pointed out that our
announcement feed has a bug. The post date is not included in the
feed, so your reader will put the current date each time it updates
the local copy in your feed reader. I am tracking this problem with
CollabNet support and hope to have it patched soon. Thanks Jo!

Note also the IE may complain about cross site scripting. I am
looking for a tool to replace the current recommended JavaScript feed
embedder.

I am also working on a feed aggregator to roll up all the feeds to
let someone track all foundation news. I'll be writing up a statement
of work to CollabNet to add it to the system.

Daniel Brookshier
office 972-422-5261
cell 214-207-6614