[VisCom] Face to Face Meeting

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Mon May 8 00:35:22 PDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Pursuant to the discussions today in the board meeting I have updated the
> web page about the face to face meeting in San Rafael before Where 2.0.
>
> As discussed we have substantial work items for the board, WebCom and
> VisCom.
> The more folks from these committees that can make it the better I believe.
>
> I removed the old section on who could make it, since that seemed to be
> oriented towards the post Where 2.0 meeting.  Please re-add yourself
> with your
> availability to attend.  If you expect to travel on Sunday please indicate
> that so we can plan what work items to focus on Sunday vs. Monday.
>
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Face_to_Face_Meeting_Summer_2006
>
> Best regards,

Hi,
I take the 11th/12th to be the final date now so I re-added myself and
will be coming on the 10th or 11th (still working out whether to take
the 19h or 32h schedule)-:

If anybody thinks that it would make sense for me to stay for Where 2.0
please tell me. The 15th is a holiday in Germany so I would just miss
one work day if I stay for the rest of the week. This would make the
flight a little more worthwhile (I hate to inject waste into the
stratosphere directly).

If some people from VisCom would be there I could imagine that we
continue to walk a little after the weekend/Monday sprint, same for
InCom (we are overdue with respect to Franks keen dates) . If this is
unrealistic because Where 2.0 attendance eats up everybody this would
not make too much sense, so I'll appreciate some feedback asap to be
able to get an affordable flight.

Is there any chance of OSGeo funding some of the expenses? If it is
limited I will gladly step back for financially more restricted
attendants, but I think it would be important to address this topic as
it will give those a chance who else would not be able to come at all.

Best regards,
Arnulf.