[OSGeo-Board] FW: LDCM and OSGeo input

Mark Lucas mlucas17 at mac.com
Tue May 16 12:08:07 PDT 2006

Ned,

First, thanks for taking the initiative on these efforts.  Being
fairly new, we don't have a formal process for any of this yet.  In
general, everyone that is pitching in is of like mind on what we are
trying to accomplish and understands what the goals and limits of
osgeo are.  Given the common motivation and open source background I
would expect that we could move pretty rapidly to put together a
support letter for well intentioned efforts.

I would welcome your efforts to put forward a protocol for deciding
what gets supported and how we communicate and approve it.  We can
review it before the board and then approve the process.  In the
interim, if there is something that needs to get worked quickly, we
can probably move quickly and bring it up at the next board meeting.

Let us know when you are ready and we can bring it and discuss it
with you at an upcoming board telecon.  Let me know if you need
anything.

Mark