[VisCom] Re: RE: [OSGeo-Board] Re: [VisCom] RE: [OSGeo-Board] Eleventh Board Meeting Agenda

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Fri May 26 11:40:09 PDT 2006

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>
>>My feeling is that OSGeo needs to focus on promoting its own projects
>>first and foremost. Any other companies should get in line behind
>>committreed projects. To this end, I would very much like to see
>>MapServer, MapBender, GDAL, etc. get promotion time at Where 2.0. How
>>are we doing this?
>

> I think there have been recent changes, but this page pretty much sums it up:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_at_Where_2.0
>
> Chris - could you verify the full roster of speakers for lightning talks and other talks during the main event?
This is the latest with Nat, I think it completely matches our thinking.

09:45am [15m] Open Source Mashups, Chris to provide participants [VEE]
10:00am [15m] Best Geo Hacks of the Last 2,000 Years, Chris Spurgeon
[CONFIRMED] [9315]

10:15am [45m] Morning Break

11:00am [15m] Gary Lang [CONFIRMED] [9181]
11:15am [15m] Open Source Lightning Talks
     GDAL - Frank Warmerdam [VEE]
     TBD
     TBD

The two tbd in Open Source Lightning will be OSSIM and MapGuide.

Arnulf and MapBender will go with me (and GeoServer, and probably one
other) in Open Source Mashups.  I think we were talking of using
MapBender to do digitizing, so it'd use MapServer too.  And we want to
mention MapBuilder as well, since MapBender has plans to merge at some
point.

Then in the BOF we'll have Dave talk about MapServer.  I'm also going to
see if I can get Brent, the GeoServer developer talking in my stead, to
do a little bit on GeoTools and MapBuilder at the BOF, as he's worked on
both.

So every project should have some sort of spot, either in the main
session or at the BOF.  Arnulf and Brent and I will coordinate the open
source mashups session, and ideally we'll try to incorporate a lot of
projects.  Indeed if we do GeoServer and MapServer will be sure to
include that neither would be possible without GeoTools and GDAL/OGR,
respectively.