[OSGeo-Discuss] Creating a new "local-osgeo-chapter"

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Mon May 29 02:33:38 PDT 2006

I would go a bit further than this and say that local groups need to be
using our infrastructure and work with our community manager to make
sure that whatever local activities occur are consonant with the charter
of OSGeo and do not use the OSGeo name for activities outside the scope
of OSGeo.

So I would do more than encourage those who want to do this to submit a
proposal to the board, it should be a requirement, with some ongoing
oversight by OSGeo governance built into the process.

Doing this would avoid the kinds of things Frank expresses concern
about, for one thing.

Gary