OSGeo status regarding implementation of standards

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Nov 3 08:10:35 PST 2006

Legal implications?

Firstly, the language about numbering and locking is just practical
stuff like software: if a numbered, non-changing baseline is not
established, it is not possible to build things on top of it.  Ask
FrankW if he would recommend people build products against the CVS
version of GDAL.

This is an open source project, the source just happens to be words
in this case, but like any software library people will reference it
and build other software on top of it.

I suppose if you want to drive this activity out, we can re-formulate
it at EOGEO.  Frankly, all that is needed is a neutral place for
people to collaborate and enough industry momentum and buy-in to make
it relevant.  If OGC is jealous that you've managed that in under a
year, well, too bad. :)