[OSGeo-Board] OSGeo status regarding implementation of standards

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Nov 3 16:24:28 PST 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 04:15:34PM -0800, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> > "OSGeo serves as a testbed and safe space for standards prototype
> > development... in the hope that these community driven standards
> > may grow into full-fledged OGC or W3C specifications..."
>
> I might have added a "where needed or appropriate" clause to the end,
> and might tweaked to read "safe space for *open* standards", but that's
> just me being a fuss-budget...  Looks just fine really.

I would humbly suggest that if we make any kind of announcement / PR
statement then can we wait a little while until more WMS-T
implementations are on the stack, some nice demos set up and it can
be more, "look at all this great stuff the community is pulling together"
and not so much "here we are winsomely trying to defuse any angst
maybe experienced by people in more fearful/competitive cultures".

I like the *open* emphasis.

cheers,

jo