[OSGeo-Board] Office Expenses - Please Review

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 7 11:55:14 PST 2006

On 7-Nov-06, at 11:41 AM, Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> BTW - if anyone should be using an OSGeo email alias day-to-day
> it's you.
>
> Is there an issue with having something like this setup for you?
> Sorry for my naivety on the issue -- you're dealing with an ex-
> technical guy who sticks to Sales & Marketing these days. :)

Everyone registered on osgeo.org can has a mail redirection from
their user name @ osgeo.org.  e.g. tmitchell at osgeo.org will get
redirected to tylermitchell at shaw.ca.  I'll ask Collabnet, but at
present I doubt we can send mail out through any osgeo.org server.

Of course you can set the reply-to address, but I think you have to
be careful not to look like your spoofing because the email goes out,
in my case, on the shaw.ca network.  I'll give it a try and talk to
CN to see what our options are.  When we get our own infrastructure
set up, this is something we could likely offer (though I'm no mail
server guru, to be sure!).

Tyler