[OSGeo-Board] FW: About OSGeo promotion at GIS-IDEAS 2006

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 31 10:06:40 PST 2006

Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> [ discussion of putting budget together ]
>
> Can Tyler do this alone?  If so, great!  But if not...
>
> ...then I'd go out on a limb and suggest a one-day-long "Foundation
> Budget Working Group" sprint for a small set of interested parties to do
> this and report back to the board.  The issue has been open long enough,
> its well past time to just lock some people in a room and get it done.
>
> Would probably want folks like Tyler (ED, VisCom) and Frank (Prez,
> Fundraising) and Gary (vast experience, Treasurer).  (If it were close,
> I'd be willing to participate of course (hint, I love Vancouver, BC)).

Michael,

I would see this process as Tyler bring a proposal to the board based on
input from you on requirements, and from Gary on resources.  I don't think
I have anything special to add to the mix.

(Well, I say that, but I do have a hard time resisting replying to almost
any OSGeo email with an opinion whether half or wholely baked.)