[Incubator] Transfering Code Copyright - restart

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Fri Sep 1 05:56:45 PDT 2006

Jody Garnett wrote:
> Arnulf Christl wrote:
>> What became of "Contributor Agreement"
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Contributor_Agreement
>> It is still lingering in the Wiki but OSGeo does not require them
>> currently. Is this in any way connected to transfering code copyright?
>> Maybe GeoTools can say a last word (delete or restart discussion).
>>
> Well I need to restart the discussion, transferring code copyright does
> not relate to the "contributor agreement".

Restart discussion "transferring code copyright" is fine, but we can
drop the "Contributor Agreement". Correct?

> A couple meetings ago we wanted to know how to peruse assign (c) of the
> GeoTools codebase to the OSGEO foundation, my understanding was this
> had to be taken to the board for direction.
>
> Has anything come of this, is there a formal process to submit a request
> to the board? What should we do next.
> Jody

This issue was relayed to legal and is pending. I put it on board agenda
for a status report and let you know what is going on.

Formal process... Hmm. I think its fine if you put it on the board
meeting agenda yourself:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Seventeenth_Board_Meeting

But probably nobody but the board / cabal knows that this kind of thing
happens every other week. I guess the formal process is to holler at the
board list until we work out *and* communicate how to do it formally.

Arnulf.