FW: French osgeo chapter

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Thu Sep 14 01:55:54 PDT 2006

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Gwenael Bachelot
	Sent: Thu 9/14/2006 1:52 AM
	To: Gary Lang
	Subject: French osgeo chapter

	Gary,
	Just wanted to let you know what we decided with some french people I met in Foss4G.
	The first point is that after wednesday presentations (Frank W and yours), every french I speak to was excited about a French OsGeo chapter.

	The 2 guys you met and I decided the following :
	- based on informations I gave them, they will publish a statement on OsGeo and on Autodesk involvment in the Open Source community - and they will also post a feedback on Foss4G.
	- after that, they will launch a thread on the GeoRezo community web site about a french OSGeo chapter, in order to raise interest, and to find leader and participant (we have some ideas on that)

	I'll let you know about the follow-up on this. I suspect it could be quite fast.

	Cordialement,
	Gwenael