VisCom's abilities (was RE: [VisCom] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Terms of logo use and linking)

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Mon Sep 25 13:39:15 PDT 2006

Tyler wrote:

> If our committee cannot pull something together in the next or
> so, then the board will have to hand the job to someone else.

I *think* I understand the general issue Tyler is getting at, but the message itself is a little off-putting.

If there's an implication by someone that VisCom needs to do more, then please do speak up and be specific.  I'll be the first to admit that we are / I am overcommitted-- but using volunteer-based resources I don't see VisCom able to be very useful anytime soon, outside of the areas we are already trying to cover.

Unless anyone has any other suggestions, I think VisCom will and should continue to just react to the specific things that arise that touch the interests and abilities of our committee membership -- which means a number of things are going to have to just get set aside.

-mpg,
  who is more than a little overwhelmed by email upon his return from the PRC