[OSGeo-Board] Re: [Web Comm] RE: [OSGeo-Board] Service Provider Directory

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Wed Sep 27 12:01:36 PDT 2006

Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>
>> In my not-so-humble opinion, we should not be applying a
>> "open source enough"
>> test to entries.  We will presumably only list technologies
>> for them to
>> select from that have at least some tangential applicability
>> to our space.
>> If any organizations wants to identify as having expertise
>> then they can be
>> listed.  This is why I'm not keen on a "supports osgeo's
>> mission and goals"
>> proviso.
>
> I'll reiterate (and then shut up about) the idea of making entry on the
> Service Provider Directory be contigent on the organization ack'ing that
> they "support OSGeo's goals".  If someone can't even tacitly agree with
> OSGeo's mission statement, why would we give them any pixels on our
> domain at all?
>
> -mpg

Hey Michael,
I fully agree and please don't shut up.

:-)

Jason,
thank you for taking up a position in this and bringing in additional input.

Additionally I am inclined to involve the general discuss list (and then run for cover) as this touches some aspects of OSGeo that in my not so humble opinion are vital.

Best regards,
Arnulf.