Kids GIS Portal

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 28 12:06:40 PDT 2006

Folks,

I have been in communication for a month or two with some folks launching
a project to develop a Kids Environment GIS Portal, based on open source
packages like MapGuide and PostGIS amoung other things.  I have encouraged
them to participate in the educational committee, but another way I felt we
could provide them with some support was to provide a "server blade" to host
their portal during the development and early deployment phase.

I spoke to John Graham and he was quite supportive of the idea.

A somewhat formal request can be found at:

    http://www.gdal.org/tmp/OSGEO_Blade_01.pdf

Tomorrow at the board meeting I will seek support from the board for us to
provide them with a hosting home for a period of one year on one of the
Telascience blades.