[Board] Suprisingly Quiet...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 9 09:05:29 PST 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:
> http://zcologia.com/news/360/suprisingly-quiet/
> "I can understand letting the birthday of the MapServer Foundation
> quietly slide by, but I expected a little more buzz about this
> OSGeo milestone.
> "
>
> I tend to agree. At least a note should pop up on the
> main page! Thought we had agreed upon that in the
> last board meeting?

Markus,

I believe we left responsibility with viscom and requested that the viscom
cross-member board members carry the message there.

I think basically this is a situation where turning a good idea into an action
requires someone to take ownership and that doesn't always happen.

There are lots of things that might be good ideas, but where we just don't
have anyone wanting to run with it.