[Board] Funding for booth at Location Intelligence

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Feb 24 09:19:50 PST 2007

Happy to help in any way I can.

I'd like to see a month by month breakdown of projected revenues,
baseline (minimum) expenses, and a series of optional expenditures. This
along with a cash-flow indicator by month should give us a good starting
point.

In other words -- how much money do we have today, how much money can we
expect over the next 12 months can we expect with reasonable certainty,
and what are expense commitments do we have at the moment.

Then we'll need to take a good hard look at the revenue side of the
equation so we know what the critical path forward is to ensure we can
function. This should be driving our fundraising activities. We need to
treat fundraising as a Sales funnel with targets we need to hit to make
things work -- simple as that. Sounds ugly, but it's reality.

Tyler -- I don't think I need to underscore this, but I'm sure you can
appreciate that your #1 priority needs to be the ongoing sustainability
of the organization above all else. As long as that is secure, other
activities can move forward -- but without sustainability, OSGeo won't
have much of a future.

Dave