[Board] Funding for booth at Location Intelligence

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 24 09:29:01 PST 2007

> I reviewed the financial statement for jan 06-07, but I'm feeling a
> bit
> concerned about our realistic financial status looking forward over
> the
> Jan '07-'08 period.
Okay, I can relate too.  I'll go through the finances and match it up
with the 2006-2007 budget to give you a picture of where we are at
with it.

A couple things to note:
- The financial statement didn't show all of Autodesk's
contributions, there is another $70k coming in any day now that went
with the initial 50k but was reserved for 2007.
- VisCom budget doesn't need a lump sum up front, it would still
useable if available in quarterly instalments as/when available.
- If I don't have a handle on funds for this conference early next
week, I'm going to say we can't use the donated booth space
effectively, (or I'll try to find a plan B).  This isn't necessarily
a bad thing, only because it means I'll have even more time to devote
to fundraising activities instead of event planning and that's a good
thing.

This is certainly putting some fire under FunCom and raises its items
priority back to where they should be on my list.

Thanks all - have a good weekend,
Tyler