[Board] Questions about "Local Chapter Sponsor"

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Jan 18 06:06:17 PST 2007

Please read below.

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I misread your above point the first time, and thought you were asking
> to have local sponsors listed on the osgeo sponsor page.  There is a
> page on the web site where we try to list all sponsorship opportunities
> related to OSGeo and I think it would be a great idea to offer links to
> local chapter sponsorship opportunities from there too as long as local
> chapters have established some sort of organized program.  This page is at:
>
>   http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship/opportunities

Can we think of a "Local Chapter Sponsorship" opportunities, and also to
let "Local Chapter Sponsors" what they can expect from OSGeo and what
they cannot. Maybe this will give them some idea whether it is
beneficial "Local Chapter Sponsors" or "OSGeo Sponsor"

> Currently it is hard to find, but I believe Tyler is going to make it more
> prominent.

Maybe the missing local chapter domains china.osgeo.org,
india.osgeo.org, japan.osgeo.org etc could also be made
more prominent. Lot of local promotion material already
include these domain names which do not lead to local
chapter pages.

I hope I am not being mistaken for wanting to promote
"Local Chapter Sponsors" as against "OSGeo Sponsorship".
To me any kind of sponsorship which serves the goals
and objectives of OSGeo is "OSGeo Sponsorship" be it local
or global.

Regards

Venka