[Board] Where 2.0 meetup?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Jan 29 00:31:18 PST 2007

dear mpg, all,

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 01:50:03PM -0800, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> I have a note here from some months ago to look into setting up a meetup
> of sorts before/after the Where event, as we did last year.  This could
> be for OSGeo members at large, or it could be an opportunity for the
> board to get together to do boardy things.

Recalling: in March (unspecified when) there should be another round
of Board elections (unspecified how). This came up at the last
telecon. How do we start moving on this, who is responsible and what
would the ruleset be (everyone stands down? a 'continuity rump' doesnt?)
It would make sense to have an IRL meeting of a neu Board before FOSS4G.

Personally Where2 would be hard for me, i couldn't do it out-of-pocket
and i also have US visa issues which may take a long time to resolve
and hard to find motivation to do unless i have a really irresistible
reason to come back.

http://xtech.expectnation.com/event/1 is in Paris May 15th-18th. There
are lots of geo/mobile buzzwords, a lot of open data activity. I wonder
who else might plan to be there.

cheers,

jo