[Board] Board elections...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 21 07:46:23 PDT 2007

Hi all, as the charter member elections start to slowly wind down,
I'm thinking of the next steps with the board elections.  In
preparation for the upcoming elections I need to randomly select 5 of
you to be removed.  You will be allowed to stand for re-election if
you desire.

Before I turn to random computerised probabilities, I want to give
the opportunity for human influence.  Does anyone wish to step down
voluntarily?  You can simply offer to resign if you don't want to be
on the board any longer or you can step down and then stand for re-
election.

I would like to have this figured out before we start the new board
member nomination process in case it influences how people nominate
potential replacements.  I will wait until June 27th to start the
board nomination process.

Talk to you later,
Tyler