[Board] My presence on the board

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Fri Jun 29 18:36:21 PDT 2007

All,

As I mentioned in a previous board meeting, we had a reorganization here
at Autodesk that has placed the responsibility for geospatial software
under someone else. I still work closely with those folks, but my
hands-on knowledge about what is going on has been reduced dramatically.

At the same time, I am emotionally committed to the success of OSGeo,
and want to do whatever I can to see it succeed for all of the reasons
we discussed before.

So I'm doing what I have learned to do in this process, and I am asking
you if you'd like me to relinquish my board seat for someone who can
take on a more active role. Certainly, no matter what, I will be working
with the GIS team here to make sure that OSGeo remains a focus for us as
a company, which I continue to do doing one thing or another every week.

Please let me know what you'd like to see me do.

Gary

Gary Lang
Vice President Engineering, Platforms & Global Engineering
Autodesk, Inc.
111 McInnis Pkwy
San Rafael, California 94903

Office       877 301-4182