[Board] Meeting Reminder - this Friday

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sat Mar 3 04:57:47 PST 2007

ciao all,

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 01:24:15PM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> OK, this puts us in some jepardy of not making quorum as at least Arnulf,
> Chris and Jo have indicated they are unlikely to make it.  So I'd appreciate
> it if everyone else makes an effort to attend.  If you can't let me know,

I tried to call in about 5 past 5 and was the only one in the call, so
guess that we got postponed until next week. Couldn't get to mail/irc
to find out / confirm; apologies.

It's probably not such a bad thing because I would have just wanted to
talk nonstop for an hour about everything I heard and learned at the
UNSDI meeting at ESA. After a weekend's worth of sleep I'll be able to
set some of it out more clearly.

Every second talk had a GeoNetwork installation mentioned in it; an
amazing-to-me level of open source related enthusiasm and optimism.
gvSIG are super gung-ho to get into the incubator, which is lovely.
Perhaps the incubation process in general could do with a 1 year review.

Look forward to speaking eventually :)

jo