[Board] Activity update

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Thu May 17 13:31:09 PDT 2007

dear Tyler, thanks for this. It does help.
You sound as if you've been rushed off your feet. This was certainly
more fun to read than the time-itemised PDF of before :)

For me this is a question of finding balance in "situational
awareness". I want, as a board member to feel i am doing the right job of
"oversight". I don't want this to be a "formal report" scene because there
is a good level of mutual trust between all people assembled here.
All of us should engage, to the extent we can in an ongoing cost/benefit
assessment of how the Foundation's sponsors' money is being spent
(more demonstrable benefit = more future investment, right?).
I don't want to rely on "what's easy to measure" to do this.

The journal material, from a quick squint, looks great, and it's a
context in which you personally can spend time doing what you're
really good at. Educational PR, ++. Lacking the screentime to really
take in the lists, let alone read the blogs, such "this is the point"
updates of what both you, Tyler, and others very active on the
promotions side, are doing, on the board channel, is appreciated.

cheers,

jo