[Board] Work from home, make money fast, etc, etc

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Fri Nov 2 08:56:54 PDT 2007

Tyler (and board, just fyi):

I just recently found out that the authors of our monthly column in
GeoConnexions magazine are entitled to a EU$150 "honorarium", and their
new editor has agreed to make this retroactive for all the columns we've
done so far.  And, furthermore, all but one of the authors has agreed to
just donate the money to OSGeo (I have not yet heard back from one of
them).

I've given your email address to Roger Longhorn, GeoConnexions editor,
so he can arrange for payment.

If my math is right, this means the foundation should be getting at
least 6 * 150 = 900 euros (US$1300).  Not too bad at all.  Almost up
"associate sponsor level", at a rate of 12 columns/year and assuming
everyone in future also agrees to donate their payments.  Might even be
worth a press release, although maybe competing media outlets would
decline to run it :-)

-mpg