[Board] Officers

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 7 10:51:17 PST 2007

Folks,

I'm afraid I was not specific in the last board meeting in my motion for
the graduation of OpenLayers from graduation.  Implicit in this is that we
need to name an officer responsible for OpenLayers.

The chair of the OpenLayers PSC is Erik Uzureau.

Does anyone feel we need to have a specific motion naming Erik Uzureau as
"OSGeo VP, OpenLayers", or are we willing to take it as implicit in the
graduation?  Erik is a metacarta contractor and was "the quiet one" that
Chris dragged up on to the front during FOSS4G (at the OSGeo AGM?).

More broadly, I'd like to have a stock page that I could point folks to
who are named OSGeo officers (committee chairs, and project chairs, local
chapter chairs).  Would anyone be interested in working to prepare such a
page in the wiki?

My understanding is that being an officer of the foundation implies some
fiducial responsibilities, and some ability to speak on behalf of the
foundation.  But I'm really quite foggy on the whole issue.  I think
such a page would need some research, and consultation with a lawyer.
I have no special expertise, but would be willing to help somewhat with
such an effort.  I'm just not keen on leading it.