[Board] Back in the office...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Sep 18 10:17:56 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I'm back in the office, rejuvenated and refresh after a week away -
it was great!
Here are a few things I'll be focused on this week, before heading to
Victoria on Saturday:
* Publish Journal - I didn't get this completed before I left, but
we'll push it out shortly, just in time for FOSS4G :)
* Shirts/hats - I had some more OSGeo shirts and some brave new hats
made up.   I will pick these up shortly.  I'm hoping we could have
some on hand at FOSS4G as incentive "gifts" for those who join OSGeo
and donate $50. What do you think of this idea? Which leads into the
next item...
* Membership tracking system - I installed CiviCRM and am configuring
it to allow new members to sign up and, optionally, select the $50
Associate/Supporting membership level.  My hope is to have a PC at
the OSGeo booth to allow all interested potential members to sign up,
so we can start an official membership list.
* FOSS4G presentations - I'm doing a couple presentations, a workshop
and running the annual general meeting at FOSS4G (among other
things).  Preparing material for these will be the main task for the
week.  The OSGeo Booth is pretty much taken care of - we just have to
show up :)
* Other local stuff for FOSS4G and general communications are
ongoing.  Also note I'll have a portable video recorder at the event
and think this would be a great time for grabbing video from the
exhibit floor, capturing a few interviews from sponsors, etc...  If
you want to help carry it around and get people talking, I will help
coordinate getting them published online.

If there is something else you are wondering about, don't hesitate to
ask.  I'm looking forward to seeing you at FOSS4G - have a great week!

Tyler