[Board] Re: [Viscom-dev] Press release for MapServer 5.0

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Sep 21 12:05:40 PDT 2007

On Fri, September 21, 2007 18:51, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Looks fine to me!
>

> Anyone on Viscom have time to post it to some of the press release
> contacts?
>
> Tyler

Hi,
unfortunately this never really developed into a standard procedure.
Additionally I don't think that VisCom currently is in a status that would
allow to just throw something at it (VisCom or "us") and hope that it will
be done. VisCom currently is not really operative.

One chance to amend this wrt to News is to better leverage Atom/RSS feeds
off our web site. This would reduce the effort on OSGeo's side to
maintaining the News page. News are currently effectively handled by Tyler
and Frank, if they are prepared to keep this under their control I am more
than happy to keep it that way.

Regards, Arnulf.

> On 17-Sep-07, at 2:58 PM, Steve Lime wrote:
>

>> Hi all: I guess we might have a newsworthy event with the MapServer
>> 5.0 release and would like to issue a press release.
>> I have a draft release on the wiki at:
>>

>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Press_Release_MapServer_5.0
>>

>> and would like to start the "permission to send" process, hence this
>> message. I'm still hoping to add a quote from someone but don't have
>> that information yet. Please let me know how/when to proceed.
>>
>> Steve

> Tyler Mitchell
> Executive Director
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation