[Board] Adjusting my focus...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 8 23:21:50 PDT 2008

Hi all,

You'll likely notice I'm making a few adjustments to some of my (non-
critical) committee-level involvement.  I've been a bit over-extended
and, with a recent cold hitting me hard this week, I've slowed down
enough to see which balls I'm not juggling so well.  So I'm reviewing
a few things and trying to streamline my time better.  This is an
effort to regain some focus on the other tasks you've identified as
higher priority (e.g. fundraising) but that I haven't made much
progress on.

As discussed during my update at the board meeting, I'm backing off
on the web/systems side of things and also looking at reducing my
role on conference-related tasks (e.g. being involved with local
organisers a bit less).  I'm also making some adjustments to the
Journal process to reduce my responsibilities.

More to come.  Hope you are well,
Tyler