[Board] Fwd: OSGeo patronage and letter of support for the CASCADOSS Project

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Wed Apr 9 13:45:54 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 12:48:15PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> >> If no European directors are so motivated or have time then your
> >> doing
> >> it would be great.

I had not come across CASCADOSS before but FWIW it looks as if
it plans to produce some really valuable material in terms of
documentation, business case whitepapers, etc.  The GMES programme
("Global Monitoring for Envrionment and Security") would be a useful
context for FOSS4G to be taken for granted in. I am a bit short on
energy but would be happy to help draft something on the wiki.

I wondered how this relates to the Humboldt project which
perhaps has an overlapping remit to promote FOSS4G in European
projects http://www.esdi-humboldt.eu/home/related_projects.html
and which i have not heard any news of for awhile?

Anyway i am glad to see Mateusz on the CASCADOSS symposium programme
as local OSGeo ambassador :)

cheers,

jo