[Board] Next board meeting

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Aug 1 01:31:34 PDT 2008

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Unfortunately due my move from Italy to The Netherlands I was unable
>> to attend last board meeting. Now I would like to understand if 8
>> August is a good date for most of us for the next board meeting? I
>> won't be able to make it in that week due to holidays, so I would
>> prefer any day the week after but I also realize that's not in line
>> with the general practice. So in case there are more of us that have
>> preference for another week, that would be great, otherwise so be it :-)
>> Also congratulations to the new board members and thanks to the
>> outgoing ones!
>> Ciao,
>> Jeroen
>
> I have not heard back of a confirmation? Unfortunately I will be
> traveling but will try to dial in via mobile phone.
> I suggest that we discuss whether we should allow for proxies to make
> sure that we have quorum. There are several options how to do this but I
> do not know whether Delaware law allows for this at all.
> Best regards, Arnulf. _______________________________________________

Ah - my mail client sucks, it somehow looses line feeds. Will have to fix this. No time. :-)

I just went through the agenda. The link to "Approve Financial Report" is not there yet. Without some time to go through the docs I don't think we should actually try to approve it?!

I have not heard from a nomination or proposal of who would like to for President, Treasurer or Secretary? Unfortunately I will not be able to stand for any of these roles.

Tyler is on vacation this week. We should respect that. So no Update from Tyler.

I will try to be on the call anyway if only to make quorum so that we can approve the "Official OSGeo Event Policy". I am still not in favor as it is now but the slot to amend the content was too short for me. I will vote with a -0 to  not block things but express my doubts. If we can make it with at least five directors we could at least move forward on this item.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--
Arnulf Benno Christl