[Board] December Board meeting

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 1 08:38:32 PST 2008

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:
> Board,
> the next meeting is scheduled for December 5th:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2008-12-05
>
> Please add to the agenda and let me know if you will *not* be able to make
> it at all so that we can make sure we have quorum.

Arnulf,

I will unfortunately not be able to attend as I'll be visiting a client
in Redlands on Friday.

I had hoped to have a budget to present to the board by this meeting.
Unfortunately I have been relatively slack, and I haven't received
submissions from the Marketting or System Administration committees.

The current status of the budget document is at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2009

And does reflect accurate amounts for the ED costing (modulo currency
variability) and SAC hosting costs.  The "accounting" entry ($8000) is
intended primarily to cover professional support for a tax filing (our
first) in 2009.

As currently constructed, we are $13000 over budget even with the assumption
of a new sustaining sponsor.  I'm not sure if we want to go ahead like that
or trim something variable - most likely marketing I suppose.