[Board] Re: [Webcom] Stepping down as WebCom chair

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 16 12:04:47 PST 2008

Jason Birch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please accept my resignation from the positions of Website Committee
> Chair and VP, Website Committee.
>
> I hope to continue to play a role in the Website Committee, but I don't
> feel that I have been effective as Chair for over a year, and do not
> have the ability nor the inclination to dedicate the required energy to
> this role given the current mandate of the committee.  Hopefully someone
> else will step forward to pick up the reins and re-vitalize WebCom.

Jason,

Thanks for your contributions! I hope you will continue as official
chair till we find a replacement.

Folks,

Anyone willing to volunteer to be webcom chair?  It shouldn't be too onerous
a role.  Mostly moderating discussions on how the web site should look,
trying to roust out more contributors, and being familiar enough with Drupal
to address administrative issues (like granting update rights to new
contributors).  Also, keeping an eye on tickets filed against the web site
in the OSGeo Trac.

Ideally the chair would also have an interest in the marketing committee
as it is valuable to coordinate with them on content, audience and styling
issues.