[Board] Motion: Award FOSS4G2010 Conference Hosting to Barcelona, Spain team

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 22 07:50:12 PST 2008

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> I assume this motion has been passed (even though I think one board
> member never responded).  I'll now see what the Barcelona team wants to
> do for an announcement.

Jeff,

The motion cannot pass by email without every single board member
explicitly expressing support for the motion, so the motion has not
yet passed.

You should of course notify the bid teams of the selection of the conference
committee, but to be proper you would explain that the matter has not yet
been confirmed by the board though that is expected to not be a problem
given that 8/9ths of the board have already expressed support.

Frankly, it is very difficult to get motions passed quickly by email which
is why I generally avoid them.