Motion passes: [Board] Motion: Award FOSS4G2010 Conference Hosting to Barcelona, Spain team

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Sun Dec 28 17:28:13 PST 2008

Lorenzo,
thanks for the hint. Before this mail gets indexed and categorized all wrong:

Thanks to all involved and congratulations to the Barcelona team - we are
all looking forward to a great FOSS4G 2010 conference in Spain!

FOSS4G2010 in Barcelona, Spain.

In 2010 the annual meeting of the tribes at the FOSS4G conference will
take place in Barcelona, Spain.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

On Mon, December 29, 2008 00:41, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> Thanks to all,
>

> Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> with a slight delay due to the vacation the motion passes. All board
>> members have confirmed the decision as taken by the conference
>> committee.
>>
>> Thanks to all involved and congratulations to the Barcelona team - we
>> are all looking forward to a great FOSS4G 2010 conference in Spain!
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Arnulf.
>>

>> On Fri, December 19, 2008 22:56, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>>

>>> Motion: Award FOSS4G2010 Hosting to Barcelona, Spain team
>>>

>>> =========================================================
>>>

>>> Board members,
>>>

>>> As chair of the OSGeo Conference Committee I am informing the Board
>>> that the committee has just voted on the 4 proposed hosting
>>> locations[1] for the FOSS4G2010 conference, and the winner through the
>>> voting process[2] is the Barcelona team.  As the official decision is
>>> due today, I would ask that board members quickly give feedback to
>>> this motion, through email. Thank you.
>>>

>>> -OSGeo Conference Committee
>>>

>>> [1] http://www.osgeo.org/conference/rfp
>>> [2]