[OSGeo-Conf] Fwd: [Board] wondering about short interest in proposals this year

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Tue Jan 29 15:44:58 PST 2008

Thanks all so much for your replies to this thread. I feel I
understand the process a lot better and would be happy to "approve"
the Committee's likely decision.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 09:40:10AM +1100, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> We should be developing a culture where cities expect to put in 2 or 3
> bids before winning the FOSS4G conference. It will help OSGeo create
> long term plans about moving the conference around the world.

Cool, I hope the 2010 RFP will be longer and it'll stress the
potential "practise run" aspect... and also hope that we'll see more
semi-independent events like FOSSGIS and the Jornadas SIG spring up in
other regions, too.

cheers,

jo