[Board] Reviewing how we're doing...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 11 12:05:51 PDT 2008

It's a good time to take a look back and a look ahead.  To help
examine how were are doing, I've posted a simple set of survey
questions online here:

http://community.osgeo.net/survey/effectiveness_2008

I'm reading a good book about non-profit management that encourages a
review of "organizational effectiveness".  These questions are taken
from that book and will serve as a basis for some further discussion
I'd like to have with you.  I'm also interested in what the community
at large thinks (anyone is welcome to post a response), but from an
ED perspective I'm particularly interested at the moment about what
the Board thinks.

If you can take a few minutes to give your feedback, it would be
really helpful for me to know what you think about our work in 2008
and the future in 2009.

I have a couple other questions to ask as well, to help capture your
thoughts.. more to come.

Best wishes,
Tyler