[Board] Requesting approval of Event Policy

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 25 12:58:53 PDT 2008

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> At the request of the Board, the OSGeo Conference Committee has drafted
> and approved an OSGeo Event Policy[1].  The committee now asks for the
> approval of this policy from the Board.
>
> For those unfamiliar with this policy request, the Board asked for a
> policy regarding Third Party events using the OSGeo name, specifically
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Official_OSGeo_Event_Policy
> [2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2008-May/002444.html

Jeff,

I have created an agenda for our next board meeting, and added this to it.
Tentatively it is scheduled for August 8th:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2008_08_08

My suggestion is that you proceed in the meantime as if the board had
approved the policy if you are interested in evaluating the Teach-In under
the policy.  Potentially both decisions would be ready for the board by
the 8th.