[Board] Re: Teach-in 2009

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sun Jun 1 07:26:38 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Arnulf Christl
<arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com> wrote:

> Hopefully pushing the idea through an OSGeo committee and developing a
> process will help to sort out how to do it right. Unfortunately I tend to
> be provocative in responses and unclear in my own proposals. Therefore I
> would be very happy if you could join collecting ideas how to process
> "OSGEo Teach-ins" or whatever they maybe become in future.

Why not try it out first, and save developing policy until you're sure
what you have on offer is actually going to be attractive?  No one is
going to be using the brand "OSGeo Teach-in" without OSGeo's approval,
so it's not like having a pilot test run is going to open flood gates.