[Board] Proposal for change of Sponsor levels naming and logos

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen at Ticheler.net
Tue Jun 17 04:07:55 PDT 2008

Dear all,
Arnulf and I have a quick proposal to make concerning the names we use
for OSGeo sponsors.
Why?
- First because we are working on new logos for sponsors and the
colors we used for the text Associate, Supporting and Sustaining don't
work well with the respective colors (Gold, Silver and Bronze). Gold
and Bronze are too similar.
- Second, and that's actually why we indeed would propose the change,
is that the names themselves are not as clear to me as they could be.
Is a supporting sponsor worth more than a sustaining, or the other way
around?

Proposal:
Simply use Gold, Silver and Bronze Sponsors instead (if need be we can
always add a Platinum Sponsor for that one huge sponsor we now only
dream of ;-) ).

Ciao, Arnulf and Jeroen from the OSGeo Hacking event in Bolsena