[Board] [Fwd: OSGeo hacking Event in Bolsena (Jose García OGC account)]

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu Jun 26 01:18:18 PDT 2008

Hi,
I met Jose Garcia at the Bolsena Hacking event. He is currently developing things around GeoNetwork. The things he is doing (catalog registry, yellow pages, distributed search, federated catalogs) are right on exactly what they are currently discussing in the OGC CSW 3.0 standards work group. I checked the legal details with Jose already and he would be an ideal candidate for one of the OSGeo membership slots. Any comments, questions, ideas? Is it necessary to further formalize this? If not I would just go ahead:

I motion to award an OGC individual membership to Jose Garcia.

Maybe someone would care to second this so that we can vote?

Out of the 10 slots that have been kindly provided for by OGC, OSGeo so far has only used one for Jo some time back.

Best regards,
Arnulf.