[Board] MOU with OGC?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 1 07:51:12 PDT 2008

jo at frot.org wrote:
> dear all,
>
> I see on tomorrow's meet agenda "Approve MOU with OGC (if ready in time)."
> What's all that about then?

Jo,

Mark Reichardt (OGC) and I have been working for a couple weeks on an MOU
between the organizations.  It won't be ready for approval tomorrow, though
I can speak a bit more to it then.

Briefly, it covers:
  o Each organization appoints a liason
  o OGC provides some individual memberships to OSGeo to distribute
  o OGC allows for free certification of OSGeo OS projects that are
    reference implementations of OGC standards.

It doesn't really obligate OSGeo in any substantial way, but the
intent of the MOU is that we will try and provide useful feedback
on specifications and that we will try and produce reference
implementations of specifications.