[Board] Face-2-Face at FOSS4G 2008?

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Mon May 12 11:50:21 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 01:32:00PM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> >Are we going to have a face-2-face board meeting at FOSS4G this year? A
> >related question that might help determine the practicality of that is
> >how many of the board are planning to be in Cape Town? It’s a
>
> I'll be there, and I think it is important to have a board meeting even if
> not everyone can make it. If we have a poor turnout, perhaps we could have
> something like a 2hour official meeting with conference call, and then use

For unrelated personal reasons I am very unlikely to make it to FOSS4G2008.
I would like to be able to "call in", as Markus was able to last year.
It seems important that as much of the board as at all possible meet
F2F annually. AFAIK we budgeted a small amount to help those who have
no institutional support for this kind of thing, with travel expenses...

There may also be new Board members after this year's election cycle:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Election_2008 (I offered to volunteer
as returning officer as Tyler is quite busy, if there are no
objections (or other volunteers ;))
New members should *definitely* be meeting up f2f with the OSGeo core.

jo