[Board] Teach-in 2009

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon May 26 14:18:08 PDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Board,
>
> Please see the attached prospectus regarding plans for a new event in
> early 2009.  We are very excited to continue the success of OSGeo
> events.    We would appreciate feedback from the board regarding this
> opportunity.

Paul,

The proposal looks very exciting and I think is well aligned with OSGeo's
goals to promote and educate in the use of FOSS4G software packages.

Per our conflict of interest policy I will need to declare a conflict of
interest in voting on this proposal and not vote, since I have some
interest in being a paid presenter.

I would like to see the proposal circulated on the discuss list for wider
community feedback before the board takes any action.

I think it is plausible that the board could vote with regard to agreeing
to this proposal at the June 6th meeting.   I will add an agenda item.