[Board] So what is the purpose of OSGeo?

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Thu May 29 11:10:57 PDT 2008

Paul,

For the record - I too am having trouble understanding the arguments
against your proposal. To be honest, you could propose to have run
this in Madagascar and I'd still support it. And I'd also wonder if
you had, whether we'd even be having this long discussion.

I can only see good coming from this effort for OSGeo. So many
activities of varying commercial, not-for-profit, fun, open source,
proprietary, and just-for-the-hell-of-it activities are completed with
the OSGeo projects around the world with ZERO marketing benefit to
OSGeo, I can't imagine passing up an opportunity like this to help
raise profile.

I'd really like to understand the arguments against -- but my brain
doesn't seem to twist in that way. So in the meantime, you have my
full support.

Dave