[Board] Re: [Marketing] Local Chapter policy

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu May 29 11:25:43 PDT 2008

On 29-May-08, at 10:07 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> FYI, there is now OSGeo chapter in Poland (yet) but I registered
> http://osgeo.pl domain and redirected it to Polish translation of
> http://osgeo.org

And there are various other local chapter web sites and events that I
am convinced the Marketing Committee knows nothing of.  Can an event
just make a pointer back to OSGeo's site and use the brand?  Seems so
and has been acceptable without more bureaucracy.

As far as I can tell, osgeo.nl isn't claiming to represent a local
chapter - is it?  It looks like an event that has some OSGeo software
training.  If so, then perhaps having the logo there makes sense,
though with some tighter track-back to OSGeo.