[Board] Teach-in 2009

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu May 29 15:43:32 PDT 2008

On 28-May-08, at 12:44 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 9:01 PM,  <jo at frot.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 09:22:44AM -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
>> wrote:
>>> Should absence of interest or initiative from other parts of the
>>> world
>>> make it harder for those who are interested and take the initiative?
>
> Tyler, not sure why you immediately talk about "absence of interest".
> The Teach-In idea was posted only a couple of hours ago...?
> Maybe Arnulf has some comments here (seems to be offline/busy right
> now).
>
> Yes, I am interested in an European Teach-In event
> in parallel to an US event.

I'm glad you are interested - I didn't mean others wouldn't be
interested.  What I meant was there are people right now who are
expressing an interest in running an event.  They've come forward,
and no one else has put together such a proposal.  But some of the
discussion on this list sounded like nothing should be done until
there is a formal, global, plan for this so it's not only a single
event in the USA.  That didn't make sense to me.

Tyler