[Board] Fw: [OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Voting for new OSGeo Charter Members open until6th June 2008

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Sat May 31 07:44:15 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 03:13:46PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> >http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Membership_Process does not state an
> >absolute number, only "between 10% and one third", which 18 is.
> >
> >This would need a unanimous email vote ASAP if it were to help much.
>
> I'm certainly in favour of this and think it is a useful, logical, step.

Ah, it still makes psychic sense but having heard the followup debate
on the list, i'll agree with Dave Patton that it's not fair play to
change the rules after starting the game, so to speak. Though i'm glad
to see the public consideration of it, like improvised democracy!

It will be a shame to see three names drop off that list, though!

jo