[Board] Application for the Spanish Language Local Chapter

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses vehrka at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 07:32:07 PST 2008

Dear OSGeo Board and Executive Director

The Spanish language community requests application for the official
inclusion of the OSGeo Spanish Local Chapter (aka OSGeo-es[1]) in the
OSGeo Foundation. The targets of this Local Chapter are the Spanish
spoken users and developers from all continents.

The community started in 2007, and it has been supporting the creation
of a similar OSGeo infrastructure with the aim of spreading and
supporting the OSGeo goals and is excited about being finally an
official OSGeo Local Chapter.

A first group of local Charter Members[2] has been selected. They've
been voting for the local Board (aka Board-es[3]).

On the practical side, our activities has been focused on the mailing
list activities[4], supporting local events [5] [6] and the Free GIS
Book [7]. Lately we've started coordinating the localization of Gis
FOSS projects[8].

We want also to suggest Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses[9] as the official
liason officer of the Local Chapter.

Best Regards.

The OSGeo Language Chapter Board

   * Jorge L. Batista
   * Lorenzo Becchi
   * Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses
   * Víctor Olaya
   * Jorge Gaspar Sanz

A copy of this document can be also accessed in the wiki[10]